Students receive weekly private lessons one hour in length. In addition to weekly lessons, they are expected to attend monthly group performance classes.
Students are expected to have access to a well maintained acoustic piano to practice on regularly.
- Emphasizing on musicianship development, solfege (do-re-mi) singing, developing proper piano playing technique, sight-reading, ear-training, music theory, improvising & composing, repertoire building, performance technique, music history & appreciation
- Learning of various music styles with classical music be the focus. Based on the interest of students, music styles such as anime, Jazz, popular, Church music and leadsheet will also be studied.
- Individualized lesson focusing on teaching students how to learn on their own and to play by ear, and on developing overall musicianship to become a well-rounded musician
- Learning how to play solo and ensemble in public by performing at group performance classes, and recitals
- Using software/apps to aid the learning of music theory, ear training and composing
- Preparing participating students for school auditions, concerto performance, composition contests, festivals, concerts, various programs held by MTAC, CAPMT and other music organizations and festivals.